|# of teams||8+||<8||8+||<8||8+||<8||8+||<8|
- Your ranking will be a sum of your points for the best 4 finishes in last 365 days with points falling off at the 365 day anniversary from the oldest event on record.
– “Best finishes” refers to the highest points received not the highest place: for example, a 5th place finish at an event in any age group with > 32 teams awards more points and will be used in the ranking over a 1st place finish at an event with < 32 teams.
– Ranking points will not decrease from playing in lower level tournaments or having lower finishes after reaching 4 finishes.
- Points awarded at particular tournaments are based on the number of teams.
– The number of teams are broken down by three categories, 8-15 teams, 16-31 teams, and 32 or more teams.
– A tournament’s points can be determined by looking at the number of teams in an age group and the level of the event. For example if there are 45 teams in a tournament, the points will be awarded for > 32 point column.
- A minimum of eight teams is required in any division for maximum points to be awarded. For those Events held in March and April where some field sizes are under 8 teams, the points will be calculated at 50% of the age groups points in the < 16 Ranking Point Structure.
- Points are awarded per person, not per team. For example a 1st place in U18 will award each player 400 points, not 200 each.
- Each player will earn points by competing in their age group in which his or her birthday falls. If a player competes in a higher age group, they will earn points for both their own age group and in the age group in which they compete.
– This means that players could be ranked in multiple age groups. This structure is designed to encourage athletes to play up. Points earned at a higher level can be used as a finish in their own age group.
– The NVL RIZE Ranking Points structure is designed to present opportunities for players to compete at a higher level without penalizing themselves or those in the division.
– The Initial Ranking for a player competing at a higher level from their age group will be calculated at 20% of their current age group ranking. Once a player competes in an upper age group those points earned will become their ranking for that age group going forward.